A boiler can last a long time, requiring only routine maintenance and occasional repair. However, once a boiler starts underperforming or has frequent repair demands, it’s time to replace it. You might balk a bit at forking out for this, but you’ll come to find that it’s more than worth it. Here are the financial benefits making it worthwhile in the long run:
Financial Benefits Of Replacing An Outdated Boiler:
- Fewer repairs: The lifespan of a boiler is around 15 years. After that, it generally starts to underperform or malfunction. This results in a need for repairs, which comes at a cost. If your boiler requires multiple repairs and you replace it, you can look forward to several years of trouble-free use.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: A new boiler requires less maintenance than one that’s been in use for years. Older units require constant part replacements, while routine checks and services are all that is needed for the first few years for a new boiler. A new boiler will have relatively low maintenance needs in its first few years.
- More Efficient Replacements: Technology is continually advancing. There are more energy efficient models on the market compared to boilers installed years ago. Therefore, the cost of replacing your boiler is likely to be recouped through savings on energy costs by selecting a more energy efficient and better functioning option.
- More Energy Incentives: Improving home eco-efficiency levels is a priority in Australia. As such, there are benefits such as tax rebates to be gained for reducing your home’s energy usage by installing a more energy efficient boiler. Certain service providers also offer rewards (such as reduced home loan interest rates based on energy-efficiency ratings).
- Increased Home Value: A new boiler increases home value twofold. Firstly, it’s a great selling point as it offers years of use with limited maintenance needs. Again, a new energy-efficient boiler holds much appeal due to the move towards greener living.
If you’re uncertain whether your boiler should be replaced, set up an appointment with Aqueduct Heating Services for expert advice. Should you need a new boiler, we supply and install quality hydronic heating boilers to Melbourne properties – as well as undertake repairs and maintenance work.
Related Tag: Hydronic Heating Supplies Melbourne